Marufuji Winery is one of the oldest wineries in Katsunuma, the heart of Japanese winemaking. The estate has been owned by the Omura family for over four generations and is rich with history. Please come and visit us!
It’s a great chance not only to sample our wine and experience the history of Japanese winemaking, but also see it in action.
Highlights of Winery Visit
- Our tasting room, styled after a European hideaway. Both the table and glass shelf are made from staves from a large oak cast.
We use this room for meetings and lectures.
- Our underground warehouse. Every April it turns into a concert hall for Kuracon.
- Our gallery, where we display our history. It includes labels from prewar times as well as other interesting historical pieces.
- Maturing wine in oak barrels adds complexity and roundness.
All the barrels in this area are in use.
- This wine cellar used to be our fermenting and maturation tanks.
Now, crystals shine on the walls and the door’s stained glass window.
- Our backyard vineyard.
It turns into the main site for Kuracon every April.
- Our bottling line.
This is where you can see how we bottle our wines!
- Our tanks.
This is where our wine ferments and matures.
We have modern tanks as well as glass-lined tanks from Japan’s Showa era.
- Our shop is modelled after a standing bar, where you can stop by for wine tasting.
You may find a favorite label!
- 9:00-4:30: winery visit, wine tasting, and sales.
- January-March: closed on weekends and holidays. (Contact us if you would like to visit on these days.)
- April-December: open everyday except New Year’s holiday week.
- Please feel free to tour our winery free of charge.
- Free tasting for 6 to 8 labels.
- 1 or 2 premium labels available for tasting (for a fee) on weekends during high season./li>
- You can taste and purchase our wines at the shop. Feel free to ask our staff.
We do not accept credit card payments.
- Parking is available for 15 standard vehicles.
|Large Group Visit|
- Please make a reservation before visiting with groups of more than 10.
If you want to reserve a tour and tasting for a group, please contact us with our inquiry form.
- Depending on your request (number of people, date and time, budget) we will consider how best to accommodate you.
- Wine cannot be served to anyone operating a motor vehicle.
- Wine cannot be served to minors (under 20 years old,) expecting mothers, or those breastfeeding.
- For your safety, please follow the instructions of our winery staff.
- We do not allow pets inside the winery, however, assistance dogs for the disabled are welcome.
- Please do not bring food or drink inside the winery.
- Due to seasonal issues or availability, we may not be able to accept all reservations.