MARUFUJI WINERY Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as “the Company”) recognizes that the protection of personal information is a vital social responsibility of the Company and is an indispensable requirement for gaining the trust of the wider community as the Company engages in its activities. The Company takes sufficient care in managing and using personal information in the following ways:
- 1. Management of personal information
- The Company appoints a person responsible for the protection of customers’ personal information. This person appropriately manages this information in accordance with regulations established by the Company governing the protection of personal information.
- 2. Purpose of using personal information and scope of collection
- When the Company asks a customer to provide personal information such as name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, the Company advises the customer of the purpose for which this information is used and provides the customer with contact information concerning the Company for any related inquiries. The Company only asks the customer for information that is within the scope appropriate to the purpose.
- 3. Use of personal information
- The Company makes use of personal information only within the scope appropriate to the purpose of use to which the customer has agreed.
- 4. Prohibition against disclosure to a third party
- The Company does not supply or disclose customers’ personal information to third parties except in cases where the customer has agreed beforehand or the Company is legally required to do so.
- 5. Supervision of business outsourcing
- If the Company discloses customers’ personal information to subcontractors in order to fulfill the purposes of use to which the customer has agreed, the Company concludes a contract with the subcontractors obligating them to strictly manage this information under the same standards used by the Company. The Company conducts appropriate supervision to ensure that subcontractors adhere to these standards.
- 6. Maintenance and improvement of information security
- To ensure that customers’ personal information is not leaked, lost, falsified, or otherwise mishandled, the Company makes reasonable efforts to maintain and improve the security guarding this information.
- 7. Education and training
- The Company educates and trains all directors and employees to ensure that they understand the importance of protecting customers’ personal information and that they handle this information appropriately.
- 8. Responding to disclosures or revisions of personal information
- If the customer wishes to disclose or revise his or her personal information, the Company first confirms the identity of the customer making this request and then responds within a reasonable time and scope.
- 9. Ongoing reviews and improvements
- While strictly complying with laws, regulations and other norms governing the protection of personal information, the Company conducts ongoing reviews and improvements regarding the protection of personal information in response to changes in the environment of the wider community.